Last Update: June 1st, 2020
Lato Boutique Hotel in Heraklion Crete, Greece continue operations. We are here to provide you with exceptional accommodation experiences attaining the adequate hygiene, safety, and operational methods. We feel it is important to reach out to you the actions we are taking to keep our facilities safe and healthy. Our teams carefully follow the adequate cleaning, sanitation, and disinfection protocols. These protocols assist in illness prevention and include:
- Regular sanitation training for our team members.
- Clearly established time-schedule for cleaning and disinfection in all areas.
- Conspicuous placement of hand sanitizers.
- Frequent cleaning and wash down of outdoor and high touch locations, including walkways, staircase, elevators.
- Fast response to off-cycle cleaning issues.
Given the current concerns related to the new coronavirus 2019 (covid-19), we have established house rules that, along with adequate sanitation protocols, safety methods and operation procedures, guarantee the well-being of our guests during their stay with us. These rules include:
- We advise our guests to keep one and a half (1.5) meters distance from the person next in line while approaching any indoors help-desk (reception, bar, buffet).
- We provide a face mask for our guests in case of coughing and/or sneezing in any indoors public space of the hotel.
- We inform of the maximum use of our elevators by two adults, and of the use of a face mask.
- We have reduced by 1/3rd our restaurants’ capacity by arranging our spaces to meet the new required distances. We adjusted our breakfast buffet, so all our delicacies are served without the use of shared utensils (tongs). All packaging is for one use, ecological, and the utensils used, meet the hygiene standards for the indicated temperatures.
- Entering and leaving our restaurants for their meals, our guests are being advised to use the special hand sanitizers placed for that purpose at all our restaurants’ entrances.
- For our guests’ Room Service, we apply new procedures for ordering, delivering, and collecting trays.
- To avoid any health issues that may be caused from goods and/or services brought from third parties and consumed in-house we do not allow off-property food delivery services.
- We encourage our visitors to get in touch with any member of our team for recommendations and/or remarks that will improve our operations.
Our aim is to provide high-quality personalized services. All our team members are enthusiastic professionals at our guests’ disposal, responding promptly and effectively to their requests.
For our team members of the operating departments who join the daily shifts we took the following actions:
- Restrictions for a limited number of people in the workplace are respected.
- We have provided everyone with all recommended protective gear.
- We continue to regularly disinfect work surfaces, as well as public and back-office areas.
- We took measures to limit social hubs and keep a safe distance between team members (1,5m+).
As part of our commitment for the health and well-being of our guests, employees, and community, we are carefully monitoring the new coronavirus (covid19) situation through regular updates and guidance from the Hellenic Health Organization (E.O.D.Y.) and the National Health Ministry, as well as additional government and European organizations.
Based on the guidance we have received and our general state of readiness, we are confident our operations continue to be safe and ready to serve our guests.
I am very proud of our company's teams who in these unprecedented circumstances show a very high level of self, social, as well as professional responsibility. In addition to their immediate compliance with strict hygiene, operational, communication, and coordination rules, they are exemplary hosts.
We value each guest that honors us with a visit to our destination. The city of Heraklion, Crete.
Lefteris Μ. Karatarakis
President & CEO Karatarakis Hotels & Restaurants S.A
42 Epimenidou St. , 71 202 Heraklion-Crete